This is a very common salad in Melbourne (due to the Greek influence) and when I travelled to Greece, it was served with most main meals. The salad tasted amazing during the summer months as the tomatoes were bright red and very ripe. It’s so simple and works well with some grilled fish, lamb or chicken.
- 4 ripe tomatoes, sliced into quarters
- 2 small to medium cucumbers, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 150 grams black olives (kalamata if you can)
- 2 green capsicum / peppers, finely chopped
- 200 grams goat or sheep feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and dried oregano
Mix the dressing ingredients together: vinegar, olive oil, salt and oregano.
In a large salad bowl, add the tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, olives and capsicum. Lay the feta on top, or break into small chunks. Pour over the dressing and serve the greek salad with your meal. Enjoy!